Friday, March 15, 2019

Undo/Do problems

We have been exploring undo/do problems. You may have noticed a piece of rope in your child's backpack. This was to help us understand and support our thinking. Here's an example of an undo problem. "When I double my number I get 12. What do I need to undo to get back to my beginning number?" Another example is, "When I add 7 to my number I get 15. What do I need to undo to get back to my beginning number?"

3 Things We Learned Today:
1. "In Math we did an undo/do problem." H.A.
2. "In Science we shopped in the iLab for materials to make an insulator for our animal." M.M.
3. In our Science Journals we got a new problem and we had to answer 3 questions. We had to figure out why penguins have wings but they don't fly." J.V.

Reminders:
1. Please start bringing mini flashlights to school. They need to be at school for the week of April 20th. Please label with
2. We need volunteers for our Voiters Flats trip on April 9th. We will be learning alongside CPAWS. Please email me if you can help out.
3. Wear your red Maple Ridge School shirt on Monday for our field study!


Week 13 Learning Plan Overview

Wow-Week 13! Who would've thought that our online learning would've lasted this long? I know it's gone by very quickly, and it&#...