Friday, January 17, 2020

Pyjama and Stuffie Day!

What a perfect day for Pyjama and Stuffy Day! We all really enjoyed getting to wear our comfy p.j.'s on this cold day!

Each student should have their Science Home Journal in their backpack/Home folder. Today we discussed how we are working on writing, speaking and thinking as a Scientist. This week as we respond to the question regarding the two pairs of pants, I'd encourage you to help your child try to incorporate these points into their responses:
1. Use 'I think....because...."
2. Make connections
-what have I done before at school or home that is like this?
-what do I already know that could I connect to this problem?
3. Incorporate Scientific vocabulary. This week we focused on the words: Viscosity and Evaporation

Reminders:
1. Fun lunch on Thursday, January 23rd. It is Edo.
2. Maple Ridge Open House on Thursday, January 23rd.

Week 13 Learning Plan Overview

Wow-Week 13! Who would've thought that our online learning would've lasted this long? I know it's gone by very quickly, and it&#...