Thursday, February 21, 2019

Happy 100th Day of School!

We had a great time celebrating the 100th Day of School today in Room 2. It started by taking ourselves back to the year 1919, and some of us really looked the part! It started off by creating a glyph for the 100th day. Do you know what a glyph is?
  Then we worked on 'spelling'. We had to come up with as many different words as possible from ONE HUNDRED.
   Next we learned that if we wanted to get food in 1919 we couldn't go to Superstore or Sobeys. Instead, it came from the garden or we had to make it! Today we learned how to make butter. We poured some cream in a mason jar and began to shake, shake, shake the jar....until...it broke. :( I guess we'll have to try again another day!

3 Things We learned Today:
1. "In Inquiry we learned how they used to make butter in the olden days." S.C.
2. " In Word Work I learned how to make different words from the word ONE HUNDRED." H.A.
3. "In choir I learned a new song called I Hear the Windmill." M.M.


Reminders:
1. Book orders due back no later than Thursday, February 28th.
2. Swimming certificates in my home folder.
3. Tax receipts in my home folder.

Week 13 Learning Plan Overview

Wow-Week 13! Who would've thought that our online learning would've lasted this long? I know it's gone by very quickly, and it&#...