Tuesday, March 5, 2019

An Insulation Problem

Today we learned that sometimes animals can come across problems that prevent them from being insulated. We looked at different animals that are facing some of these problems-the coyote (mange), polar bears (melting iceburgs) and grizzly bears (woken up from hibernation early). We talked about what would happen to these animals in the winter time.

How can I solve the problem of animals not being insulated because of things like mange, climate change and melting ice burgs?

Over the next couple of days, students in Room 2 will be doing different activities to help us understand how we can create a device/invention. I'm sure your child will come home excited to share about their learning!

3 Things We Learned Today:
1. "In Math we found out the centipede problem. It was 84. We learned how to work with each other which is also known as collaboration. We collaborated to solve the problem. " C.S.
2. "In Science we learned that coyotes can get a parasite. There fur falls off and they can't eat. They can't survive the cold." O.S.
3. "In Inquiry we were making our Who Was Here clues. Today I learned my animal eats grain. " M.S.

Reminders:
1. Science Home journals due back by Friday.
2. Leighton Centre field study forms due back now.

I will be away until Tuesday. If there's anything urgent you need to speak to me about please feel free to email me as I will still have access to email.

Week 13 Learning Plan Overview

Wow-Week 13! Who would've thought that our online learning would've lasted this long? I know it's gone by very quickly, and it&#...