Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Thank You Volunteers!

A great big THANK YOU to our volunteers! Today was our annual volunteer tea, and I realize that due to work and time commitments many of you were unable to make it. However, this does not omit you from the appreciation I have for your willingness to help out in Room 2 and at our school this year.

As the weather gets warmer please ensure that your child is coming to school dressed appropriately. Feel free to send a hat, and an extra water bottle if desired.

3 Things We Learned Today:
1. "In Math we had to solve 6 problems. We had 3 categories for our 6 problems. The 3 categories, 'Can I solve this problem in my mind?', "Can I solve this problem in my mind with notes?' and "Can I solve this problem with a written strategy?'" L.L.
2. "In Writer's Workshop we almost finished Salmon Forest and I learned the life Cycle of salmon and bugs. The salmon life cycle is they have babies, they die and then the babies grow and then they do downstream to the ocean, except the Sockeye Salmon go to a lake. And then after a year they  go to the ocean and then after some time they come back and it starts all over again." M.S.
3."In  Gym we learned a new game called Camouflage. How you play is one person is 'It'  and the other people have to hide somewhere." O.F.

Reminders:
1. Pearce Estate Park field trip forms went home today. Please return if you have not already done so.
2. Next Fun Snack is on Friday, June 7th.
3. We are making clay insects tomorrow. If you want to send an extra shirt with your child to wear whilc working with clay, that would be great.

Week 13 Learning Plan Overview

Wow-Week 13! Who would've thought that our online learning would've lasted this long? I know it's gone by very quickly, and it&#...